is Closed until April 1!
The Woodlands is 60-acres and has three miles of trails designed to inspire people to grow through immersion in a world of natural outdoor wonder to nourish mind, body and spirit. We are now closed for the season. See you in the spring!
What’s there now?
- Three miles of groomed trails with a one mile ADA-accessible trail
- “Family Moments” Play-and-Discovery stations to delight children and families
- A serene Asian lotus pond, brought back to life after decades of pollution
- The enchanting Margaret Lawrence Simon Dogwood Meadow and Highmark white cedar gazebo
- A historic farmstead featuring a 1784 log cabin, heritage apple orchard and herb garden
|Japanese-Style Garden Underway – The Japanese-style garden around the Lotus Pond, which is newly restored from decades of acid mine drainage, is under development.+ Read More|
|River of Bulbs Planted - Spring will arrive with a burst of color below the Margaret Lawrence Simon Dogwood Meadow: a river of 18,000 bulbs were planted during Grow the Garden Day.+Read More|
Celebration Garden Readied for Spring Brides - We are creating one-of-a-kind year-round settings for weddings, receptions, parties and other gatherings.+Read More
The Garden’s remaining 400 acres will be developed to include:
- 18 distinct gardens
- 5 diverse woodlands
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Fred Rogers Garden of Make Believe
- Celebration Center for weddings and events
- Center for botanic research