Will Reopen April 1!
The Woodlands is 60-acres designed to inspire people to grow through immersion in a world of natural outdoor wonder to nourish mind, body and spirit. See you in the spring!
What’s there now?
- Three miles of groomed trails with a one mile ADA-accessible trail
- “Family Moments” Play-and-Discovery stations to delight children and families
- A serene Asian lotus pond, brought back to life after decades of pollution
- The enchanting Margaret Lawrence Simon Dogwood Meadow and Highmark white cedar gazebo
- A historic farmstead featuring a 1784 log cabin, heritage apple orchard and herb garden
|PBG Staff Moves to Garden – The staff has moved into the new farmhouse at the Garden. +Read More|
|Thanks to stone mason George Appel, the Garden benefits from many beautiful and unique features. +Read More|
|International blog’s PBG article one of 2014’s most-read. – It was one of the top five most-read stories on the website, Green News Update. Click here to read.|
|Japanese-Style Garden Underway – The garden around the Lotus Pond, newly restored from decades of acid mine drainage, is under development.+ Read More|
|Celebration Garden Readied for Spring Brides – We are creating one-of-a-kind year-round settings for weddings, receptions and other gatherings.+Read More|
|Margaret Lawrence Simon Meadow Dedicated – The BK Simon Family Foundation dedicated the meadow in her name as a tribute in loving memory. +Read More|
The Garden’s remaining 400 acres will be developed to include:
- 18 distinct gardens
- 5 diverse woodlands
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Fred Rogers Garden of Make Believe
- Celebration Center for weddings and events
- Center for botanic research