We are proud to open the first phase of the Pittsburgh Botanic Garden. The 60-acre Woodlands has 3 miles of trails designed to achieve our Mission to inspire people to grow through immersion in a world of natural outdoor wonder to nourish mind, body and spirit.
All last ticket sales 3:30pm
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – Dusk
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults $9, Seniors $8, Children $6
What’s there now?
Today you can experience:
- 3 miles of groomed trails with a 1 mile ADA-accessible trail
- Family Moments stations that delight children and families
- A serene Asian lotus pond, brought back to life after decades of pollution
- The enchanting Margaret L. Simon Dogwood Meadow and Highmark white cedar gazebo
- A historic farmstead featuring a 1784 log cabin, heritage apple orchard and herb garden
|Immediate Need for Volunteers! Visitor receptionists, Greeters, and Trail Monitors are needed. There’s something for everyone! +View Available Positions|
Pond Restoration Project Completed. +Read More
|Storybook House Provides Enchantment for Young Visitors - Deep in the forest sits a children’s playhouse sheathed in cedar shake shingles and topped by a green, four-cornered roof. +Read More|
The Garden’s remaining 400 acres will continue to be developed for years to come and will one day be a world-class botanic garden that includes:
- 18 distinct gardens
- 5 diverse woodlands
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Fred Rogers Garden of Make Believe
- Celebration Center for weddings & events
- Center for botanic research